Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Getting Stronger!

This is such a great experience already. Every accomplishment no matter the size I feel so filled with hope and excitement! I can easily be discouraged because in all areas I am my biggest critic. I was reminded earlier this week to be gentle on myself. My focus needs to be on the current day, and take it one day at a time. I will be so bogged down if i keep thinking 13.1 miles, 13.1 miles, 13.1 miles! So my thoughts will be I can do this, I can do this, I can do this! I got this, it is very exciting.When I fear or doubt my abilities, I just have to remember with God's strength I can do this. I will do my best, work as hard as I can, and that will get me through! Think positive think positive think positive!! :-)

After work I visited my new friend Planet Fitness. I really am getting use to that place, and do not feel so out of place. I put in a good 70 minutes! 35 on the elliptical and 35 on the treadmill! It was so hard, but once I saw 29:58 I was smiling so big. I was so happy that I did not stop and surrender my machine to the waiting vultures to snatch up my machine! Going to the gym at 6 is prime time, there were so many people!

It feels so good to be working towards a goal. To be fully committed to something that I can control. I know this will be a life changing experience that will really put a shift in my life! I feel so encouraged by the people cheering me on and believing in me.

Superchick is one of my favorite bands. I really enjoy following them on Twitter and Facebook. When I was in High School I had a friend named Rachel who was on the track team with me. She told me something to the effect that the song "Get up" by Superchick was her anthem, perfect motivation for running. I could not agree more. So I will end today's post with a bit of the lyrics, check out the song for yourself!

I'm not afraid to fall
it means i climbed up high
to fall is not to fail
you fail when you don't try
not afraid to fall
i might just learn to fly and
i will spread these wings of mine

Have you donated yet to my page? 20 dollars from 150 of you loved readers will help me reach my goal!

here is the link!

://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/rnr12/arakestran

No comments:

Post a Comment